Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Do Not Understand

Since I came to Canada, I do not understand few things.

First, I do not understand that we have to pay tip when we go to restaurant or hotel.
When we get a bill for food at restaurant, we have to think about tip.
How much we pay or how many percentages of tips we pay. That is why, every time when I go to restaurant, I do not calculate. I give bill my friend to calculate it. At that time, my friends said, "I lived Canada less than you. Why do you want me to calculate it? “I said, "It is not relation with living in Canada. Just I cannot get used to pay tip."

Second, I am so confused that when I see our test result. The reason is that I always used circle for correct answer in Korea, but it is opposite in Canada. That is why, when I got result with a lot of circle marks, I could not be happy.

Third, why do we talk each other in reading and writing class? In Korea, when we have reading or writing class, we have to be quiet because we have to focus on our writing or reading. However, in our class, we usually talk and discuss each other about our things. I think that our class style is active and can hear other people opinions.

Fourth, people do not care that other people see you. Many people do not care about their style and their looks. Also, they do not care whatever they do such as singing on a bus and dancing on a sky train, so when I went back to Korea, I had a hard time because some people looked at me.

Last, I do not understand that why there are a lot of things in people’s bag. When I saw people’s backpack, I feel painful in my shoulder. As you know, many people carry a lot of things in their backpack. I wonder what things they have inside.

2 comments:

  1. I also used circles to mark other peers' quiz or test papers when I just started my secondary school year. I remember that my classmates gave me a weird look when I did that mistake^.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think showing the real you is the best way. We do not need to care about other's thoughs, as long as what you did is not wrong.
    In my memory,korean is so caring about their style and their looks, right?

    ReplyDelete