Tuesday, November 16, 2010

November 11th, 2010

November 11th was Remembrance Day in Canada.
The Remembrance Day is Memorial Day for people who were in war.
Unfortunately, I did not watch the ceremony for the people. I was sorry for them.
I just........... took a rest in Remembrance Day.

That is why, I posted this picture on my blog...^^


Do you know? In this day, it was a special day in Korea. It was Ppaeppaero day.


Why do they call that November 11th is Ppaeppaero?
The reason is that pocky or ppaeppaero looks like 1.
It was becoming popular when I was elementary student in 4 or 5 grades.
Some people said that this day makes ppaeppaero companies to success.
Actually, it is right because when this day is coming soon, many people go to store to buy ppaeppaeros.
Moreover, there are a lot of days such as ppaeppaero day.
For example, Valentine day is also same as ppaeppaero day.
I think that I cannot survive in Korea if these days are much famous than now.

My friends gave me^^


Pictures from: http://nsbblog.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/remembrance-day/
http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=echilsung&logNo=10097200155

1 comment:

  1. Oh... I forgot to get some 'pocky' snacks on Nov 11. I will get them next year for sure~~

    ReplyDelete